After a deep dental cleaning, follow these post-operative instructions:
- Gentle Care: Brush and floss gently. Avoid the treated areas to prevent irritation.
- Rinse Mouth: Use a warm saltwater rinse several times a day to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Avoid Irritants: Stay away from spicy, hot, or acidic foods and beverages that could irritate the treated areas.
- Pain Management: Over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen can help manage any discomfort. Follow your dentist’s advice for dosage.
- No Smoking: Avoid smoking or using tobacco products, as they can delay healing and increase the risk of infection.
- Follow-up: Attend any scheduled follow-up appointments to ensure proper healing and address any concerns.
- Good Oral Hygiene: Maintain excellent oral hygiene. Regular brushing and flossing are crucial to prevent infection and promote healing.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water to help flush out toxins and aid in the healing process.
- Contact our office If you experience severe pain, swelling, bleeding, or any other unusual symptoms, contact your dentist promptly.
Remember, everyone’s healing process is different, so if you have any concerns, it’s always best to consult your dentist.